Final Fantasy III’s Cloud of Darkness is the latest to join Dissidia: Final Fantasy’s rosterOCTOBER 3RD, 2017 BY KAZUMA
Final Fantasy XIV Releases New Information and Screenshots for Patch 4.1: The Legend ReturnsSEPTEMBER 28TH, 2017 BY KAZUMA
Dissidia Final Fantasy Reveal scheduled for October 3rdSEPTEMBER 27TH, 2017 BY KAZUMA
New Character Artwork and Screenshots Released for the Secret of Mana RemakeSEPTEMBER 26TH, 2017 BY RAPTORCHAN
Final Fantasy XV’s Episode Ignis to Arrive December 2017SEPTEMBER 23RD, 2017 BY KAZUMA
Eorzean Symphony: Final Fantasy XIV Orchestral Full Arrangement Album [Blu-Ray] Now Available for Pre-orderSEPTEMBER 25TH, 2017 BY RAPTORCHAN
Noctis Joins Dissidia Final Fantasy NTSEPTEMBER 19TH, 2017 BY KAZUMA
Final Fantasy IX Playstation 4 Port Announced During the Sony Conference at Tokyo Game Show SEPTEMBER 19TH, 2017 BY RAPTORCHAN
Final Fantasy Explorers-Force Reveal Trailer and Pre-Registration SEPTEMBER 9TH, 2017 BY KAZUMA
Final Fantasy VIII’s Ultimecia is the latest to join Dissidia: Final Fantasy’s rosterSEPTEMBER 5TH, 2017 BY KAZUMA
Order Now: The Art & Design of Final Fantasy XV artbookSEPTEMBER 1ST, 2017 BY CHELSI
Watch Final Fantasy XV: Windows Edition’s 4K GameplaySEPTEMBER 4TH, 2017 BY CHELSI
Review: Our First Look at Dissidia Final Fantasy NT AUGUST 30TH, 2017 BY RAPTORCHAN
Dissidia Final Fantasy NT Arrives on January 30th, Ultimated Collector’s Edition Unveiled AUGUST 18TH, 2017 BY CHELSI
Distant Worlds IV - Dalmasca Estersand from Final Fantasy XII
(Up Next: Final Fantasy XII: The Zodiac Age - Eruyt Village)

Final Fantasy XV Broke Even With Dev Costs on Day One, 70% of the Team Still At Work on Updates

February 8th, 2017 by Chelsi

shoot me

Speaking with DualShockers in Tokyo, director Hajime Tabata claims that Final Fantasy XV has successfully broke even with its development costs on day one. We don’t know the specifics on how much was spent towards the game’s development and marketing, but following up the report of XV being the fastest selling title in the series’ history with 5 million copies on day one shipments, the game has proven to be solidly profitable.

It’s been planned that XV shall receive numerous post launch updates on free patches and episode DLCs, which currently runs through until June this year with Episode Prompto. According to Tabata, they plan to provide content that will run throughout the entire year, with 70% of the team is working on these content along with the virtual reality development of the game’s PlayStation VR support. The remaining 30% of the team has been moved to other business divisions in the company that handle other projects.

About Chelsi

Chelsi21 year old freelance developer and master's student | lover of RPGs, narrative driven games, music, comics, and cosmic discussions | FFNetwork's current admin and a staff contributor for RPG Site

Tags: