If you’re a current player of Final Fantasy XIV, you may be aware that Autumn 2012 is going to be a season of deadlines for the game. Billing will cease at the end of this month, and October will mean a free month of play — but come November 1st, character data will freeze to be transfered over to A Realm Reborn. Ten days later Final Fantasy XIV 1.0 will be shut down for good, and Yoshi-P will address fans for the future of the MMO.
Here’s a look at the current schedule:
September 29, 2012 (Saturday, 11:59 p.m. PDT)
- Final Fantasy XIV billing procedures will be suspended until the launch of A Realm Reborn.
- No further account registrations will be accepted until the launch of A Realm Reborn.
- No unused special item codes may be registered until the launch of A Realm Reborn.
- The simultaneous subscription bonuses for Final Fantasy XI and Final Fantasy XIV will be terminated.
(Those wanting to get the Hermes Shoes bonus item for FFXIV will need to claim this by Sep. 29th.)
November 1, 2012 (Thursday)
- Character data (including in-game progress) will not be saved after this date.
November 11, 2012 (Sunday, 0:00 a.m. PST)
- Final Fantasy XIV service will be shut down at this time.
- Letter from the Producer LIVE Part III webcast. (2:00am PDT)