Thanks to Reddit user x3_Starlight, they have provided translation of a Q&A that happened between the team and Korean players. It contains information about some of the modifications done on jobs in the upcoming expansion, Stormblood.
You can read the accurate translation below:
- Skills that don’t see much use are being removed. The number of skills at 70 will be the same as we have now. (We knew this already)
- PLD’s Rampart and DRK’s Shadowskin are becoming the same skill
(no mention of WAR’s Foresight, but I can only imagine it will be as well)See Edit 4, and will be a cross-role skill for tanks.
- Thunder II and III are being removed, and Thunder’s potency will become stronger with levels (I’m guessing with traits?)
- Enochian will become a permanent buff, meaning you will always be able to use Fire IV unless they change more aspects of the job. However there will be ways for high-skilled BLMs to further increase their DPS by using certain skills in certain ways. No further details are revealed. My guess is it will have something to do with Blizzard IV?
- Skills that debuff the enemy are not going away, but will be adjusted. (Yoshi-P specifically mentions PLD’s Rage of Halone and MNK’s Dragon Kick.) More information on what they plan to do with these skills will be shown in a future Live Letter so please look forward to itTM.
- Concerning raid compositions, he feels that after the AST buffs, any combination of healers is currently viable, but that doesn’t mean we won’t be seeing changes in 4.0. For tanks, they plan to do something (no specifics) about WAR OT.
- In 4.0, the Adventurer in Need bonus for Roulettes will be increased to encourage players to play tanks/healers.
- In 4.1 (tentative) we will be able to create cross-world 24 man parties.
- There are no current plans to introduce a Duty Roulette: Alliance Raid. He says they are being run a lot because of Wondrous Tails.
- Apparently it’s very difficult to increase the number of available chat tabs, but they are working on a large-scale improvement of the chat system with many more features, such as cross-server chat.
- They are aware of requests for options to add things such as tattoos and body hair for your character, and that if they were to implement them, it would be more realistic system-wise to make them equippable items, rather than options at Character Creation.
The Reddit thread linked with the user actually provides some more detailed information regarding the overall important changes in the combat system, so if you’re highly curious about them you can give the thread a visit.
- NA Fan Fest Famitsu interview – Reddit translation
- NA Fan Fest Famitsu interview – GamerEscape translation
- NA Fan Fest Game Watch interview
- EU Fan Fest Press Conference
- EU Fan Fest Media Q&A
Tags: Final Fantasy XIV