Today is the second day of the North American Final Fantasy XIV Fan Festival! Highlights will include the Letter from the Producer Live which will answer fans’ questions about upcoming features in the game, a costume contest, and a closing ceremony featuring a concert by The Primals! You won’t want to miss it! We’ll be covering all the major details in this post!
Stream Schedule: Sunday, Oct. 19, 2014 (Times in PDT)
1:30 p.m.-3:00 p.m.: Letter from the Producer LIVE in Las Vegas
• Patch 2.4 Dreams of Ice arrives on October 28th, 2014!
• Yoshi-P showed a picture of Chocobo Racing, coming with Gold Saucer in the future.
• The team plays Shiva’s theme “Oblivion”.
• Patch 2.45/2.5 may see a removal of the attempt lockout, but may have adjusted rewards.
• The Final Coil of Bahamut will have four turns.
• Ninja-specific Allagan/High Allagan/Primal weapons are in, they can equip Monk gear.
• Dexterity is the Ninja’s primary stat.
• Gear from patch 2.4 (likely tome gear) will be enough to clear Turn 1 of Final Coil, but Turn 2 might be tricky.
• Gilgamesh Extreme in Patch 2.5!
• Hildibrand story in Version 3.0? It depends if fans want it — looks like the audience wants it! Looks like his mother may appear at some time? Please look forward to it!
• The new Allagan tomestone is “Allagan Tomestone of Poetics”; Mythology tomestones are being phased out.
• New high level equipment and accessories will come for gatherers and crafters. More in 2.45.
• Ninja will require Lv. 30 Rogue / Lv. 15 Pugilist, and have access to Pugilist and Lancer cross-class skills.
• Will Yugiri reveal her face in the next patch? No! Maybe 2.5. She’s part of the new race.
• There are no permissions for Eternal Bond partners for housing, but they will consider it.
• You apply through the Lodestone for an Eternal Bond, and will receive a bracelet. When you do this you can talk to an NPC to plan the ceremony. A ring is made after, and there are restrictions to how many ceremonies can be done. You reserve a date and time and can send out invitations to anyone, they will be received as an in-game letter.
• 2.4 will increase the drop rate of Atma by more than double. Fewer Soldiery tomes will be needed for Trials of the Braves books.
• No plans to remove the cooldown by changing jobs, since it can be exploited, but sanctuaries may be considered for this.
• The team wants to consider party-wide Stoneskin while disengaged from combat.
• You’ll be able to place your free company crest on your chocobo in the future.
• Extreme Primal drop rates will increase in Patch 2.4, the Leviathan mirror drop rate will increased too.
• Turn 2 of the Second Coil of Bahamut may be adjusted where Voice petrification is no longer a one-hit-kill.
• You’ll be able to control your own chocobo in Chocobo racing.
• Gold Saucer will be a part of Patch 2.5 part 2, including Triple Triad.
• Previous seasonal event items will be on sale, Yoshida iterates no pay to win stuff.
• Sleipnir mount and Scion minions will be available.
• New PvP updates: 2.4 will see an increase in rank cap, new rewards. Later, new maps are planned.
5:00 p.m.-6:00 p.m.: Costume Contest
6:30 p.m.-7:00 p.m.: Special Guest: Professional Cosplayers
7:00 p.m.-7:45 p.m.: Show Floor Showcase
8:00 p.m.-10:00 p.m.: Closing Ceremony/The Primals Concert (Premium Stream only)
10:15 p.m.: Stream Ends
*Schedule is subject to change.